The Steel Pennies are:
- David Okay Patton, MC, banjo, lead and harmony vocals. David originally hails from the bluegrass state of Kentucky, and has been performing in Colorado since 2000. Prior to joining Steel Pennies, David played in Coal Creek Bluegrass Band. In 2007, David was inducted into the Colorado Bluegrass Music Association Hall of Honor. Off stage, Dave enjoys tinkering with old radios and sipping old bourbon.
- Kathy Foster-Patton, Upright bass. A western Kentucky native, Kathy has been writing about and playing bluegrass music for nearly 10 years. She founded the Steel Pennies in 2007, and manages the band. In addition to laying down a rock-solid rhythm, Kathy is an avid gardener. She hopes to one day become a beekeeper.
- Kathy Drazsnzak, Guitar, lead and harmony vocals. Kathy grew up outside of Chicago, but it wasn’t until she moved to Colorado that she began to sing and play music. Early in her tenure with the band, she somehow acquired the nickname Tater. Off-stage, Kathy is a free-lance writer, mentors two dogs, and loves to bike.
- Kevin Slick, Guitar, lead and harmony vocals. Since 1985, Kevin has recorded and performed an amazing array of music. He has shared the stage with artists ranging from Pete Seeger and David Bromberg to Blues Traveler and the Hooters. Kevin’s wide-ranging musical talents include creating and performing film scores for classic silent movies. His life was forever changed when he attended a Flatt and Scruggs show at the age of eight.
- Annie Savage, Fiddle lead and harmony vocals. Annie brings a vivacious personality to the stage that she has developed over thirty years of performing professionally. She has performed with Ricky Skaggs, Jeff Scroggins and Colorado, Aretha Franklin and Asleep at the Wheel, along with many others. Annie lives in Lafayette, Colorado with her husband and much-loved kids, Milo, Iris and Ollie.